Why Impact Resistant Windows & Doors from Lemon Bay Glass?
The following are a few Impact Resistant FAQ to assist with your decision making process. Call us anytime for more information and a Free estimate on your property – Residential and Commercial buildings.
• A Proven System: Our Hurricane impact doors and windows have been proven to safeguard buildings from destructive winds, shattering glass, wind-born debris, torrential rain, and most importantly, objects capable of penetrating standard glass that could cause interior damage or loss of life.
• There are No Alternatives: Unlike shutters and plywood, impact doors and windows provide continuous protection. No seasonal installation and removal is needed. The alternatives are flimsy and cumbersome, capable of being easily swept away by high winds. Hurricane impact doors and windows become an immovable part of your home/building’s structure.
• Security: The glass, used in hurricane impact doors and windows, is tough, which will discourage thieves from intruding into your home. Making your home safer can result in reduced insurance rates, as many firms offer incentives for such measures.
• Installation: No impact door or window is perfect without professional installation, and our installation team knows that. They have been trained to complete each service with attention to every detail. Lemon Bay Glass meets and exceeds both building code requirements and the satisfaction of our customers.
Making a Decision on Impact-Resistant?
Questions to ask and information to know when making a selection:
Here are some basic steps to help make the right decision on impact-resistant windows + doors for your property. Whether for home or business, LBG will take the time to make sure it is the right fit for the property.
1) Ask for product reports on specific window/door selections.
Make sure the product in question meets the design pressure and does not exceed the size limitations for the product to be used.
2) Does the product meet the current Florida building codes?
Ask if the product has been tested to the Dade County protocol for accelerated aging.
3) Is the window/door frame reinforced? How?
Is the product metal reinforced in the frame, meeting-rail, and sash? Some products are just reinforced in the meeting rail and not throughout the whole window.
4) Are the corners fusion welded or mechanically fastened?
Fusion-welded corners will not loosen over time.
5) What are the mechanics of the window/door unit?
What type of balances are used in operating the windows and glass doors?
How easy is it to operate?
6) Is glass energy efficient?
If you are purchasing Low-E Glass ask to see the specifications of the glass.
There many types of Low-E glass. The hard coat is the least expensive and least efficient. In the Florida climate, it does very little in the way of preventing heat gain. Is the product designed to stop heat gain?
Link here to read the full document from the glass association.
Lemon Bay Glass is your source for Impact Windows & Doors and more!
Contact Lemon Bay Glass for information about our complete product lineup of impact windows and doors. Don’t forget to inquire about such beneficial attributes as: Low-E Glass, Turtle Glass, Reflective Glass, Tinted Glass, Thermal Insulated Glass Glazing, LEED options for energy efficiency.